Wednesday 31 July 2013

Secret Garden Paper Piecing

Secret garden Paper Piecing
 
 
The Secret Garden Stamp set is a wonderful and versatile
set, it also has its very own co-coordinating set of Framelits Dies.
 
To achieve this patchwork flower effect I have used a technique called paper piecing.
 
The flowers I have used have six petals so I selected six of my favourite papers
from Gingham Garden DSP and stamped the flower image onto each of them and also
six times on to a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
 
I then cut a different petal from each of the papers and stuck it to the corresponding
stamped image on the Whisper White card.
 
The centre of the flower is a little more detailed but do not worry as this can be covered with
an embellishment though I have made so many now I can do them quite neat
and they look really nice with or without an embellishment.
 
I then ran my flowers through the Bigshot using the coordinating
Framelits Dies.
 
Why not have a go of this technique yourself and give a new dimension
to your stamps.
 
Stampin' Up
 
Secret Garden Stamp Set 131940 (W)  129144 (C)
Secret Garden Framelits Dies 129372
 
For a copy of a Catalogue or to place an order
please email me:
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: